The Seedlings Institute for Educational Leaders is a unique opportunity for superintendents, directors, and other district-level administrators to enhance their own emotional intelligence and to learn how to create system-wide structures to infuse SEL. Participants train together for three days focused on how to become stewards for the change they can bring to their school communities by adopting SEL initiatives such as RULER. The training features a variety of interactive and reflective activities that introduce the skills of emotional intelligence and the tools developed at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the July 2020 Seedlings Institute for Educational Leaders has been postponed until October 22-24, 2020. At this point in time, we are planning to host the Institute at Yale. In mid-August, we will decide either to continue with the event as planned at Yale or move to an online environment. If necessary, an online version of the Seedlings Institute for Educational Leaders will be created and delivered by the same facilitators as the in-person institute. We are confident in our ability to offer a valuable version of this training online, as we have successfully delivered two cohorts of our RULER Institute Online to schools across the nation this year.
- 3 (minimum) to 5 (maximum) participants per district-level team
- Cost: $1,500 for a team of 3 (The Seedlings Foundation is subsidizing training and hotel accommodation costs for the first 3 attendees. Up to 2 additional team members can attend for $2,500 each.)
- Participants are responsible for their own travel expenses
Registration Fee includes
- Meals and refreshments (if institute takes place in person)
- Opportunity to revitalize your professional commitment in a supportive environment
- An introduction to RULER principles, including the skills and tools of emotional intelligence
- Participation in a national community of advocates who are positioned as leaders in bringing SEL to their districts
- Preparation for systemic implementation of RULER in your district (which would continue with schools within the district attending school-level RULER training)
- Access to high-quality research on school leadership
You can reach out to us with any questions and a training coordinator will contact you to follow up.