As social and emotional learning (SEL) becomes more central to the education process, districts have been wanting to learn best practices for embedding SEL systematically. Our professional development for district leaders starts with an interactive, four-day institute where district leaders can begin the work to support thoughtful and systemic SEL implementation. Superintendents, SEL directors, and other district-level administrators can expect to:
- Understand the science of emotions
- Learn the skills of emotional intelligence
- Become familiar with RULER as a systemic, school- and district-wide approach to SEL
- Learn from and brainstorm with like-minded district leaders about high-quality implementation of SEL for lasting results
- Plan for SEL and RULER Implementation
The majority of districts that attend the continue on to implement RULER in their schools by sending school teams to attend the RULER Institute.
RULER Institute for District Leaders: From Theory to Practice to Systemic Implementation
Subsidized by a generous gift from the Seedlings Foundation
This training institute for district-level administrators is a unique opportunity for superintendents, SEL directors, and other district-level administrators to enhance their own emotional intelligence and to learn how to create system-wide structures to infuse SEL. This online experience will include a series of four virtual meetings with leaders from districts across the nation and the leadership team of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence. Sessions will cover:
- Leveraging the skills and tools of emotional intelligence as a leader
- Making sound high-stakes decisions using emotional intelligence
- Sustaining communities in the face of the COVID-19 demands
- Becoming stewards for change in school communities by adopting RULER and other SEL initiatives
- 3 (minimum) to 5 (maximum) participants per district-level team
- Cost: $1,500 for a team of 3 (The Seedlings Foundation is subsidizing training for the first 3 attendees. Up to 2 additional team members can attend for $500 each.)
Registration Fee Includes:
- Opportunity to revitalize your professional commitment in a supportive environment
- An introduction to RULER principles, including the skills and tools of emotional intelligence
- Participation in a national community of advocates who are positioned as leaders in bringing SEL to their districts
- Access to high-quality research on SEL, emotional intelligence, and school leadership
- Preparation for systemic implementation of RULER in your district (which would continue with schools within the district attending school-level RULER training)
The next training will take place [virtually] on July 6-7 and July 13-14, 2022.
If your district team is interested in attending, please click the link below to complete our contact form. We will email you the application link when it becomes available.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.