Seedlings Institute for Educational Leaders is a 3-day leadership development institute for superintendents, directors, and administrators designed to increase their knowledge of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) as a pathway to becoming stronger leaders of change in their education community.
At this time registration is limited to Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York City Superintendents and District Leaders
The Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, in partnership with the Seedlings Foundation, is excited to offer this unique opportunity for schools and districts seeking to join the movement to build emotionally intelligent school communities in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York.
The Seedlings Institute for Educational Leaders is a unique opportunity for participants to enhance their own emotional intelligence skills and to learn how to create system-wide structures to infuse SEL. Superintendents, directors, administrators train together for three days focused on how to become stewards for the change they can bring to their school communities by adopting SEL initiatives such as RULER.
The training will feature a variety of interactive and reflective activities that teach the skills of emotional intelligence and the tools developed at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
- Three-day workshop
- 3 (minimum) to 5 (maximum) participants per team
- Cost: $1,500 for a team of 3 + $2,500 per additional participant (up to 2 total)
- Participants are responsible for their own travel expenses
Registration Fee Includes
- Opportunity to revitalize your professional commitment in a supportive environment
- Training in RULER, the evidence-based approach to SEL developed at Yale
- Participation in a national community of advocates, who are positioned as leaders in bringing SEL to their schools
- Opportunity to implement RULER in one or more schools in the district with Center support
- Support for system-wide integration of SEL
- Invitation to a bi-annual SEL conference
- Access to high quality research on school leadership
You can reach out to us with any questions and a training coordinator will contact you to follow up.