RULER is an acronym for the skills of emotional intelligence:
- Recognizing emotions in oneself and others
- Understanding the causes and consequences of emotions
- Labeling emotions with a nuanced vocabulary
- Expressing emotions in accordance with cultural norms and social context
- Regulating emotions with helpful strategies
Research shows that RULER skills help people of all ages to use emotions wisely, opening opportunities for adults and students to succeed in school, at work, and in life.